BCTRA believes that the self-discovery and learning platforms delivered by recreation therapists help people develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities to live their best possible lives.
We believe that further integrating therapeutic recreation into mainstream health services will create more inclusive communities where individuals and families are healthier, better able to contribute positively to society and live to their full potential.
A province where therapeutic recreation/recreation therapy is recognized and valued as a health and social service profession.
As a member-driven association we are dedicated to promoting and developing the profession of therapeutic recreation in British Columbia by:
- Increasing the profile of therapeutic recreation as a profession
- Fostering members’ professional competency
- Building and sustaining strategic partnerships to increase the reach and effectiveness of our profession
- Providing resources to support professional practice
- Providing opportunities for practitioners to network and connect.