The B.C. Therapeutic Recreation Association is pleased to be able to support the continuing education of Professional and Supporting Members by offering a total of ten Education Grants per year of up to $400 each (3 in January, 3 in October, and 4 in May) to help advance professional practice. Seven of these bursaries will be awarded to Professional Members and three (up to one per term) to Supporting Members annually.
Members can apply for funding for courses taken towards completion of a baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited college or university with a major in therapeutic recreation or a major in recreation or leisure with an option in therapeutic recreation.
Must be recognized and accepted by NCTRC. Members can also apply for funding to cover the cost of writing the NCTRC exam, or for the registration costs of attending a workshop/conference directly related to the field of Therapeutic Recreation.
Applications will be reviewed by the BCTRA Education Committee three times a year in relation to the deadline dates noted below. If more completed applications are received that meet the criteria than we have spaces available, the winners will be chosen through a random lottery process.
Criteria for Application
- BCTRA Professional or Supporting Member in good standing
- Member has not received funding from BCTRA in the past 3 years
- Need to show that other possible funding sources have been explored
- Supply proof of payment and attendance at workshop/course/conference or proof of passing certification exam
- Fully completed application form (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Permission to broadcast name(s) of the successful applicant(s)
Deadline for Applications:
- For courses/workshops/conferences/exams taken May, June, July and August of that calendar year.
- For courses/workshop/conferences/exams that members and students would like to register for that they would attend in November/December/January and February. calendar year.
- For courses/workshops/conferences/exams taken September, October, November and December of the previous year.
- For courses/workshop/conferences/exams that members and students would like to register for that they would attend in March/April/May and June of the current calendar year.
- For courses/workshops/conferences/exams taken January, February, March and April of that calendar year.
- For courses/workshop/conferences/exams that members and students would like to register for that they would attend in July/August/September and October of the current calendar year.