Location: Guildford Day Program for Older Adults
South Surrey Day Program for Older Adults
Newton Day Program for Older Adults
Hours of work: Monday-Saturday 9:00am-3:00pm
Reporting to: Director of Day Program
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Facilitates programs that meet the holistic needs of the client as per the client care plan and individual program plan.
2. Adapts and modifies activities to meet the special needs of the client.
3. Under the direction of the Recreation Therapist, provides input to program development and implementation.
4. Promotes client participation in activities and provides feedback regarding participation as well as behavioral, cognitive and physical changes of the client, both verbally and in writing.
5. Receives and responds to feedback from the client and their caregivers, ensuring that all client information impacting the program or service is escalated to the Recreation Therapist.
6. Sets up and maintains inventory of all equipment, tools and materials for programming, ensuring the client environment is kept safe and tidy at all times.
7. Provides information and direction to clients, caregivers and entertainers.
8. Completes client-related reports and documentation, such as the recreation participation report, observation report and client recreation profile.
9. Performs limited food preparation, such as heating prepared food, making and serving assorted beverage or snacks and assisting with the food for special events.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Day Programs.
• A certificate or diploma in Therapeutic Recreation or a related field.
• Valid Food Safe certificate.
• Valid First Aid certificate.
• At least one year of recent, related experience working with older adults.
• Physically fit to perform the above duties which may include standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 10lbs.
• Effective written and verbal English communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
• A second language is considered an asset.
- Name: Mehtab Rai
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry: 13/09/2021