We have a great opportunity for a Recreation Manager to join our team. If you interested in creating joy in life and aging….by caring, connecting and celebrating, then we are excited to hear from you!
Creekstone Care Centre is a modern long term care home located in a growing hub on the North Shore by Second Narrows Bridge. We love our homelike feel as it is beautiful and filled with natural light, cozy surroundings and stellar views. And we are proud to be just steps away from Phibbs Bus Exchange and right on the bike route to promote green responsible living.
We are seeking a co-Recreation Manager (RM) to passionately lead in the delivery of quality of life programs to Residents while working collaboratively with the co Recreation Manager. The co-RM will have responsibility for a subset of the home (up to 90 Seniors) and embrace the Residents’ physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs, and:
• Promotes a culture of Person and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) by seeking a high level of input and engagement in the recreation programs design, implementation and review, through social assessment, Care Conferences and Resident/Family Council.
• Develops, implements and evaluates a wide variety of recreation and ambulation programs for all Residents. Documents behavioral and functional observations.
• Develops individualized therapeutic recreation plans in collaboration with others.
• Monitors Residents’ progress, revisits goals, identifies accomplishments and sets/revises time lines to ensure objectives are met.
• Collaborates with Occupational/ Rehabilitation team, other health care professionals, social and recreational agencies/groups in the resolution of Resident program issues.
• Contributes to the organization and delivery of Recreation Therapy services, and participates in designated quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research and education, as required.
• Foster a stimulating home-like environment through caring, connecting and celebrating.
• Oversees the Volunteer Program. Ensures the recruitment, selection, work assignment, direction and recognition of designated Volunteers is carried out in accordance with established policies.
As the ideal candidate you:
• Promote a safe and healthy workplace by demonstrating team leadership, professionalism, kindness and respect.
• Work well as part of an interdisciplinary team and have a pro-active collaborative approach to problem solving;
• Provide services in a manner that adheres to the professional Code of Ethics and CDBC’s Standards of Practice, respecting Resident Rights and the confidentiality of health information according to guidelines.
• Participate in regular continuing education opportunities.
As the successful candidate, you are aligned with our values, are passionate about recreation, enjoy the chance to multi-skill and have exceptional communication skills. In addition, your interests, skills and education include:
• Graduation from a recognized diploma/degree program in Recreational Therapy;
• Registered, member in good standing, with the B.C. Therapeutic Recreation Association (BCTRA);
• Two years’ recent, related management experience in Long Term Care and experience working with individuals with dementia;
• Experience with managing people would be an asset;
• Experience in growing and/or managing a volunteer program including two years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Intermediate level computer competencies (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel);
• Familiar with Point Click Care and Activity Pro software an asset;
• Current valid BC Driver’s License;
• CPR & First Aid and Food Safe Certification;
• Maintain professional liability insurance (as contractor);
• GPA (Gentle Persuasive Approach) training is an asset.
Why you should become a part of the Creekstone family?
• Make a difference in life and aging;
• Live values of teamwork, learning, positive-outlook, flexibility, and responsibility;
• Offer competitive compensation including benefits; and
• Love creating joy by caring, connecting and celebrating.
Qualified applicants should apply by email with resume to Ashleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Creekstone Care Centre and will contact successful applicants at the end of the application period to explore fit with this excellent opportunity.
- Name: Nemelia Winckler
- Email: email@example.com
- Expiry: 15/05/2023