The Recreation Therapist at Brookside Lodge, completes the following tasks and duties:
1) Completes Leisure and Well-being assessments upon admission. Creates Therapeutic Recreation goals for care plan
2) Receives and completes referrals in supporting residents through a variety of needs.
3) Completes IPP’s for residents living with Acquired Brain Injuries
4) Plans and facilitates a variety of different therapeutic recreation interventions
5) Completes quarterly reviews of care plans
6) Assist Recreation Program Manager
7) Connects residents with community resources and partners
8) Contact for Surrey Read programs, Kaya, Virtual Reality and private tutoring for residents
9) Supports residents through admission in ensuring they are well acquainted to residents and staff- by introducing them to the calendar, recreation programs and supporting them in any way to feel welcome and comfortable.
10) Member of the Spiritual Care Committee
11) Lead Palliative Care “Co-Ordinator” with team
12) Special projects: Grants, special events, connecting residents to community resources (Stroke club etc.)
13) Plans and attends outings when needed. Coordinates therapeutic outings such as adaptive sports and leisure, community events and more.
14) Other duties and initiatives as needed
This position is a combination of office and on floor duties
- Name: Shanna Johnston Recreation Therapist CTRS, BTR
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org