Menno Place is accepting applications for Recreation Practitioner. Menno Place is one of BC’s largest campuses-of-care providing residential care, assisted living, home support and independent living to 700 residents. Founded in 1953 by the Mennonite Benevolent Society, we have been privileged to serve the physical, emotional, spiritual and relational needs of thousands of residents and their families http://www.mennoplace.ca
The Recreation Practitioner is an integral member of the Menno Place team and is required to have a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Menno Place performing duties following Menno Place policies and procedures and ensuring safety for residents and staff.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
• Encourages resident participation in individual and group recreational activities related to their needs, abilities and interests which promotes the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual needs of the residents. Plan, organize and set up equipment in varies areas; lead and teach related techniques.
• Provides direction to volunteers during recreation programs.
• Provides awareness to residents and family members of special events by means such as posters, use of the bulletin boards in each neighborhood, resident council monthly meetings, and our website; encourages resident participation.
• Decorates the facility in accordance with recognized holidays such as Christmas, Easter, Remembrance Day, Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day.
• Accompanies residents on outings such as community events and tours.
• Assists and encourage individual residents with specific needs such as; meals, walking, range of motion, exercises, and one: one visit.
• Transports residents utilizing wheelchairs.
• Observes residents during programs/activities and removes disruptive residents from the area.
• Reports any change in residents’ condition such as mobility, temperature, skin colour or general condition to the Team Leader of Care or delegate.
• Participants as a member of the Care Conference Team by providing input into the needs of the residents.
• Orientates new residents to the facilities Recreation Programs.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment; reports malfunctioning equipment and supply needs to the appropriate department.
• Observes recreation programs and gathers information, charts resident’s progress and recommendations for care plans. Assist with and collects data to assist in maintaining the Continuous Quality Improvement programs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Successful applicant must have:
Education, Training and Experience
• Grade 12 and graduation from a recognized recreational program of a minimum of one year, plus one years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Food Safe and Serving It Right Certificate
• Must have current basic First Aid and C.P.R. Training
• Class 4 Drivers License (unrestricted)
- Name: Jessy Manhas
- Email: email@example.com
- Expiry: 30/11/2021