The Hamlets has been providing residential care throughout British Columbia and Alberta since 1989. The Evergreen Hamlets at Fleetwood has team members across all disciplines caring for and providing services to 66 residents with acquired brain injury and Huntingdon’s disease in long-term care setting.
The Hamlets has an innovative Communities of Care approach, with the goal to provide care homes that have a home-like environment for our residents. Nearly 1,000 residents in British Columbia and Alberta call The Hamlets home, with our focus on helping them live life to the fullest.
Our team members are considered to be part of a family. They are viewed as extremely valuable and an integral part of what makes The Hamlets who we are. Every team member plays an important role in caring for our residents, by providing a friendly and professional environment. At the Hamlets, we strive to provide our team members with a strong work/life balance,
Full-time, Permanent team member as a Recreation Manager
The Evergreen Hamlets at Fleetwood is looking for a unique individual who is self-motivated, creative, and outgoing to be part of our Leadership Team!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Recreation Manager is responsible for directing, coordinating and evaluating all aspects of the Recreation Department in the home. The Manager ensures that the Recreation Department is represented on the multi-disciplinary team. S/he coordinates and oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of all recreational and social programs for the residents.
We are looking for a team member who has:
· A Therapeutic Recreation degree or equivalent
· Three to five years management or supervisory experience in a health care setting
· Knowledge and experience with RAI-MDS and electronic resident program statistic keeping
· Member of the Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association (CTRA)
· Experience with recruiting and utilizing volunteers
· WHMIS; Foodsafe; Serving it Right
· Criminal record clearance
· Ongoing current CPR and First Aid certification
· Excellent verbal and written skills in English
· Knowledge of Therapeutic Activation and/or Recreational Activities
· Ability to empathize and facilitate problem-solving for the department
· Ability to work independently and interdependently as a team member
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
· Moderate computer skills
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Name: Jen Fisher
- Email: email@example.com
- Expiry: 29/10/2021