Casual on call- Friday – Saturday availability is a must with potential for shifts on other days.
1. Plans implements and carries out a wide range of therapeutic activity
programs such as arts and crafts, sports, music, woodworking, cooking,
gardening exercises and sensory stimulation to meet the residents’ physical,
social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs and interests.
2. Determines the recreation programs which meet the residents’ needs and
abilities by reviewing the care plan, interviewing the residents regarding their
recreation history and consulting with family and other employees. Identifies,
evaluates, implements and documents recreation goals and objectives based
on individual interests and abilities.
3. Sets up and organizes furnishings and equipment for activity projects,
teaches the techniques of related activities to residents, oversees residents’
activities and reports problems and/or changes to Director – Operations and
4. Sets up calendar of events and teaches techniques of related activities.
5. Monitors, evaluates and documents residents’ progress within the recreation
programs and reports observations such as emotional well being and social
6. Carries out resident’s activity programs outside the facility; checks that the
resident has appropriate clothing and necessary equipment for the activity,
confirms details of proposed activity with nursing/dietary staff, coordinates the
movement of residents during the activity and teaches the techniques of
7. Conducts and documents individual leisure assessments by interviewing
residents, families and/or significant others; communicates the information
regarding residents needs, interests with other staff members.
8. Documents residents’ participation in the activity program attendance records.
9. Documents and reviews care plans for each resident in the Health Care
10. Participates as a member of the Inter-Disciplinary Team by providing input
into the planning needs of the residents.
11. Orientates new residents to facility Activity Programs.
12. Cleans and maintains department equipment; maintains cleanliness and
keeps storage areas tidy and reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the
Director – Operations & Leadership.
13. Checks activity equipment tools and materials and advises the Director –
Operations and Leadership when new supplies or equipment/tool repairs are
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, completion of a recognized Recreation degree program plus three year
recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and
experience. (or currently student in degree program)
Must have current basic First Aid Certificate, C.P.R. and a Class 4 driving license
Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to teach.
– Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in the English
– Ability to deal with others effectively.
– Ability to organize work.
– Ability to operate related equipment.
– Physically capable of carrying out duties of the position.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Employees must have proof of both vaccinations, wear mask entire shift & maintain social distancing + adhere to all other Covid- 19 related workplace guidelines
- Name: Vanessa Howard
- Email: email@example.com