Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Recreation Therapy department.
In accordance with the vision and values of the organization and as a member of the multidisciplinary team within a client and family centered model of care, the Program Coordinator (PC I) plans, develops, implements, and evaluates general recreational/leisure programs designed to support residents’/clients’ health and well-being in residential, acute and/or adult day program settings. The PC I may supervise up to four Activity Worker II positions and provides direction to designated volunteers. Under the clinical direction of a Recreation Therapist or appropriate designate (ie. OT, RN), the PC I carry out therapeutic components of a resident’s care plan as an assigned task and assists with the monitoring the patients’/residents’ progression.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Monday to Friday, Days, 08:00 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:30, 09:00 to 17:00
New Wage: As of April 1, 2023, the new wage is: $30.96/hour
Gateway Lodge is a beautiful and bright building with many large open spaces and access to the outdoors to enjoy. There are 2 floors designated for Assisted Living Residents, 3 floors designated and inclusive of Complex Care, Respite, and Convalescent residents/clients. There are 119 long term care beds and 50 assisted living beds, one respite and one short stay. All rooms are single occupancy with private bathrooms. Gateway provides Recreational Therapy Services daily with therapeutic programs offered on each wing, and in larger group settings in the beautiful multipurpose rooms. They also provide activities such as hymn-sing, school visits with the elderly, choral groups.
Prince George has a population of 89,490 (2021) local residents and is a service centre for approximately 320,000. Prince George has all the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
• Graduation from a recognized recreational program plus one years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• An appropriate valid Class IV vehicle license as required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to supervise.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
- Name: Tianna Rossi
- Email: Tianna.Rossi@northernhealth.ca
- Expiry: 05/07/2023