Competition # 2023-00021
COMMUNITY SERVICES COORDINATOR
REGULAR FULL TIME
POSTING OPEN DATE: January 12, 2023
POSTING CLOSE DATE: January 20, 2023
NO. OF VACANCIES: 1
SALARY: $34.23 – $40.29 per hour (2022 rates)
DEPARTMENT: Parks, Recreation, Culture and Facilities
Nature of Position:
This is specialized recreational work in planning, developing and implementing programs providing advisory services to the community for a variety of community services and groups. An incumbent participates in identifying and assessing recreational service and program needs related to specified populations in the community and arranges for training of all recreational staff on matters related to recreational and social needs of same; promotes interest and participation in program activities and liaises with a variety of internal and external contacts. The work may also involve utilizing volunteers and recruiting, training, and evaluating their work. An employee of this class exercises considerable independence of judgement and action in developing a community services plan. Unusual problems or matters of policy are discussed with a superior who reviews work performance on the basis of the effectiveness of the programs and services provided.
– Considerable knowledge of the interests, requirements and resources of the community and of the methods, materials, equipment, practices and techniques related to the provision of programs and services to the special needs population.
– Considerable knowledge of the objectives, principles and philosophy of volunteer work, and of the methods and procedures used in planning and implementing volunteer programs.
– Sound knowledge of the policies, rules and regulations applicable to the work.
– Working knowledge of the methods of program leadership and recreational instruction.
– Ability to participate in identifying and assessing recreational service and program needs related to specified populations, and to plan, develop, coordinate and evaluate recreation services and programs for same.
– Ability to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of a program for utilizing volunteers.
– Ability to provide advisory and resource services to the community, to promote interest and participation in program activities, to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
– Ability to supervise the work of recreation or volunteer staff.
– Ability to provide leadership or instruct various activities, as required.
– Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
Desirable Training and Experience:
College or University graduation in a discipline related to the work with courses in recreation plus sound related experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
– A degree and/or work experience in therapeutic recreation is an asset.
– Experience working with vulnerable populations, specifically youth and seniors is an asset.
– Experience in creating greater access and inclusiveness, particularly in recreation is an asset.
– Supervisory experience is an asset.
This position has a non-standard work week and may include evenings and weekends as required. Schedule is subject to change due to operational need.
Conditions of Employment:
A PROBATIONARY PERIOD
PARTICIPATION IN THE MUNICIPAL PENSION PLAN
UNION MEMBERSHIP IN C.U.P.E. LOCAL 386
GROUP LIFE INSURANCE
ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A POLICE INFORMATION CHECK
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Please apply via the website
- Name: Lesley Joyce
- Email: email@example.com
- Expiry: 20/01/2023