Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Recreational Therapy department.
In accordance with the vision and values of the organization and under the general supervision of a senior position such as a Recreation Therapist, Program Coordinator, Registered Nurse or Occupational Therapist, the Activity Worker is a member of the multidisciplinary team within a client and family centered model of care and is responsible for carrying out an established activity/recreation/leisure program as directed.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 08:00 to 16:00
Dawson Creek & District Hospital is a 50-bed hospital that offers full service that includes inpatient care, emergency, respiratory, rehab, surgery, obstetrics & gynecology lab, medical imaging and cancer care. The hospital is the northeastern BC orthopedic and trauma centre. Visiting specialists in urology, dermatology and pediatrics is also available.
Dawson Creek has a population of 12,178 (2021) with a youthful and vibrant community that serves as a major centre for the surrounding areas. Come enjoy the beautiful sunrises and sunsets Dawson Creek has to offer. Check out Dawson Creek for more information about this community where the northern lights shine.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
• Grade 12, plus completion of recognized recreation course(s)
• Two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Valid class 4 vehicle license.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
- Name: Tianna Rossi
- Email: Tianna.Rossi@northernhealth.ca
- Expiry: 05/07/2023