Kinsight has been supporting people with disabilities for over sixty years! That’s a long time. We’ve learned a lot over those years, and right now our learning is telling us that it’s time to make some changes. Not change for the sake of it. Change because we think we can do better, be better in our work. We are on the verge of an important transformation, one that will re-shape how we serve adults. Our transformation will be enriched by the wisdom of those we serve, their families, staff and the Kinsight Leadership Team. Central to our transformation efforts will be the Supervisor of the Adult Services Community Inclusion Program. That’s who we’re looking for now!
Our new Supervisor will be able to lead one of our existing Community Inclusion Program while participating in the design and development of new ways to serve. This pandemic has been incredibly disruptive to the ways in which our Community Inclusion Services are delivered by staff and experienced by Participants…but the disruption has had some silver linings! We intend to learn from our experiences during the pandemic and shape our on-going and future service responses based on that learning.
Our new Supervisor will be able to lead well within the existing structure – and by that we mean build positive relationships with Participants and their families, facilitate and evaluate the effectiveness of person and program level planning, supervise and motivate staff, look after buildings and vehicles, write reports – while imagining and collaboratively designing something new – something that is not ‘status quo’.
If you are someone who has experience working in or supervising a ‘day service’ and if you often say to yourself “There has got to be a better way to do this!” Stop talking to yourself, and call us! You could be our new Supervisor!
And, if you’re still wondering if Kinsight could be a match for you please watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiHZx-bYs2M&feature=youtu.be, check out our website www.kinsight.org and two other sites, comakedo.ca and kudoz.ca for a glimpse into our organization and the results of our Research and Development partnership efforts so far!
Pay: $28.39 – $33.06/hour (Grid Level 14 – Collective Agreement)
Hours: 40 hours/week: Monday to Friday*
Locations: Port Coquitlam and New Westminster locations, and surrounding communities
*Required to work flexible hours, and schedule work hours based on the needs of the program.
• Diploma in Human Services or Therapeutic Recreation, or equivalent University Degree in Social Sciences
• A minimum of 1 year of experience supervising and scheduling a staff team
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working with adults with a developmental disability
• Knowledge of current theory, principles and practices in the field
• Demonstrated experience in the facilitation, development, review and evaluation of Individual Plans, using the Person Centered Planning Process
• Experience using alternative communication systems
• Excellent written and oral communication, time management and organizational skills
• High level of proficiency with computers and MS/Office software
• Ability to interact effectively with individuals and families
• Maintain a satisfactory criminal record check and satisfactory driving record throughout employment
• Class 5 driver’s license
• Class 4 driver’s license an asset
• Use of a personal vehicle
• Current Community Care First Aid/CPR, NVCI and Food Safe certificates
• Requires BCGEU union membership
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
Courses/workshops in supervision and financial management, administration, teaching life skills, behavior management techniques, and basic counseling are an asset.
- Name: Millie Beckel
- Email: MBeckel@kinsight.org
- Expiry: 01/04/2022