We are seeking an additional team member to join our Recreation Therapy Department at Gateby in Vernon, B.C.
Working within a client centered model, the Recreation Therapy Worker works as a member of the interdisciplinary team and is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of an established Recreation Therapy Program.
As the Recreation Therapy Worker, you will carry out established individual or group leisure/recreation therapy programs such as; arts, socio-cultural events, crafts, sports, music, cooking, gardening, and exercises as directed. You will also set up and organize furnishings and equipment for programs and/or special events, porter’s residents to programs, teaches the techniques of related programs to residents, and oversees the resident’s participation and reports problems/changes to supervisor. When attending resident programs outside of the facility and accompanies resident you will check that the resident has appropriate clothing and necessary funds for the outing, and confirm details of the program with the nursing staff or therapist.
Along with your organizational skills you will:
• Lead individual one to one sessions, groups, and large special events within the established recreation therapy program, adapts programs to meet the physical, social, cognitive, spiritual, emotional needs of the residents, completes resident attendance list on a daily basis, and submits to designated supervisor for care conferencing reports and program evaluation.
• Assist with promotion and publicizing of programs and or special events, and is responsible for decorating home for seasonal changes.
• Assist volunteers and/or students by providing functional direction during programs (1:1, small group, large group or special events).
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
This is a permanent full-time position working Monday to Friday with shift times of 08:00 to 16:00.
If you are looking for a challenging career with a great work life balance, this position is for you. Apply Today!
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
- Name: INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
- Email: email@example.com
- Expiry: 31/05/2022