Who We Are!
The Wexford, our Bria Community located in Tsawwassen, is looking for casual Recreation Assistants to join
our team. Together, we create safe and vibrant communities, where choices are valued and seniors lead
active and purposeful lives.
Why Bria Needs You?
Reporting to the Recreation Manager, the Recreation Assistant is responsible for assisting in the
implementation of activity programs that meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and
cultural needs and interests of residents in accordance with established goals and policies.
Wage: $20.27/hour to start
Shift: Hours will vary, afternoons and weekends are required.
Who You Are!
● You must have compassion for others and the ability to provide a high quality of care service.
● We need a high energy and upbeat personality who can be playful, patient and respectful all at the
● You are open to learning new skills, participate in ongoing training, and have good communication both
written and spoken.
● You have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a senior care environment and/or a customer service
● Does your lifestyle allow you to maintain both physical and mental wellness?
● Are you willing to be engaged and become a Bria Ambassador by volunteering and contribute to an
engaged workplace culture?
What You Will Do!
● Organizes and directs indoor and outdoor daily activity programs including exercise classes,
entertainment, crafts and related activities which encourage involvement and independence
● Assists in setting the objectives and standards required measuring the success of the programs and
ensures the required standards are met
● Assists in the development and production of the monthly calendars and other informational material
for the residents
● Adheres to management policies and procedures of purchasing, ordering, stock and inventory control
● Promotes resident participation in social, spiritual and recreational activities. Encourage the
participation of resident families and the community
● Directs and supervises volunteers as required
● Drives the bus for community outings, ensuring a pre and post inspection is made prior to using the
● Observes and reports any changes in residents’ functional and cognitive behavior to the Recreation
● Ensures residents’ rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained except in the proper operation of
● Ensures that proper security procedures are followed in the handling and storage of any confidential
● Attends approved work-related conferences and seminars to promote and maintain professional
● Ensures that departmental operations comply with all Health and Safety Standards and Regulations
● Maintains a current knowledge of and complies with policies and procedures.
Your Must Haves!
● Diploma in a recreation program or equivalent qualifications in the Continuing Care field
● Current basic First Aid Certificate
● Computer skills with Google Docs and Google Sheets
● Class 4 Drivers License, or willing to obtain it (Company Paid)
● Minimum one (1) year in a recreational setting
● Minimum one (1) year experience driving a bus is an asset
● Team Building Events throughout the year
● Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
● Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
● PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
● Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
● Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
At Bria Communities, we don’t just serve our residents but we are heavily involved with serving & helping
within our communities. Here are some of the initiatives and fundraising campaigns that we participate
● Bria Big Bike to support the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation
● Walk for Alzheimer’s to support the Alzheimer’s Society of B.C.
● Surrey Food Bank
● The Grand Parade to support the Seniors Services Society in New Westminster
● Drive-Thru Turkey Trade to support DeltAssist
● Virtual Dementia Tours – An emotional experience we provide to the families, community workers, local
governments and staff.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills
and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your education and experience
has prepared you for this position. Please apply through
- Name: Rachel Kirton
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry: 19/09/2021