It’s an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a qualified, full-time Recreation Aide to join our team at Rose Wood Village in Trail, BC. If you are a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related education in recreation or kinesiology, relevant experience, and a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors.
The primary focus of this role is to assist assigned residents with various duties related to the overall activation process, to promote the wellbeing of each resident, observing and reporting changing needs to the Recreation Therapist/Coordinator or the Director of Clinical Care. The recreation aide is required to be knowledgeable of and adhere to the policies and procedures of Golden Life Management (GLM) and participates as a functional member of the clinical care team.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Assist assigned residents with various duties related to the overall activation process, to promote the wellbeing of each resident within the five domains; observing and reporting changing needs to the Recreation Therapist/Coordinator or the Director of Clinical Care.
• Implements resident activities related to the needs, abilities, interests and choices of residents within the specified program area and as may be identified on the care plan. With direction from supervisor, adjusts programs to meet the needs of changing resident populations.
• Participates as a member of the program team, reports on resident participation, achievements and level of perceived enjoyment.
• Facilitates, encourages and supports residents to participate in a variety of activities and programs.
• Conducts resident activity programs such as arts & crafts, sports, music, woodworking, cooking, gardening and physical exercise as directed.
• Carries out residents’ activity programs outside the facility; checks that resident has appropriate clothing and necessary equipment for the activity; confirms details of proposed activities with members of the program team; coordinates the movement of residents during the activity and teaches the techniques involved in different activities.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
• Successful completion of recognized Recreation/Rehabilitation Certificate course.
• A minimum of 2 years (recent) related experience working in a seniors’ housing/care environment and delivering programs and services within a social model framework is considered an asset.
• Possesses a Clear Vulnerable Sector – Criminal Record Check.
• Able to provide a Physician’s Waiver, negative TB screening and Immunization Record.
• Must possess current First Aid & CPR Certification.
• Class 4 Unrestricted Driver’s License.
• Capable of work which involves extended periods of walking and standing.
• Capable of carrying out significant lifting, carrying, bending and reaching.
• Can provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Name: Samantha Erana
- Email: email@example.com
- Expiry: 20/01/2022