A member of the Recreation team upholding The Derby Manor’s Vision, Mission, and established policies and procedures, committing to professional and facility codes of ethics and functions within the regulations, standards and guidelines governing residential care.
Reporting to Residence Manager, carries out recreation/activity programs for residents; participates in the planning, organizing, developing and evaluation of recreation programs for residents; implements and adapts designed programs for group or individual resident participation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Carries out new and established resident recreation/activity programs as directed by performing such duties as: setting up and organizing furnishings and equipment; ensuring residents are gathered in a timely fashion for programs, instruct residents in related activities as required.
2. Actively promotes a culture of resident safety by adhering to established safety policies, standards and procedures including emergency procedures.
3. Gathers residents together for programs, which can include pottering to and from programs. Instructs residents in related activity techniques and orientates volunteers to assist in recreation programs as required.
4. Encourages residents to participate in daily programs and in the planning and implementation of their own programs.
5. Completes a daily statistics for programs conducted and other related paperwork and charting. Requests supplies and equipment as required and submits requests to the Manager for approval.
6. Accompany residents on outings to community facilities and during social activities. Operates the Centre bus as required to transport residents to and from outings. Assists residents in embarking and disembarking.
7. Performs a variety of routine inspection/maintenance duties on the Centre bus such as: cleaning interior and exterior following each outing, checking belts, lights and tires and maintaining fluid levels as required. Recommends vehicle and or equipment for repairs as required.
8. Reports hazards, unusual occurrences, accidents and unsafe situations to Residence Manager.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in the work environment.
2. Reports all incidents and near misses. Reports are to be made in writing.
3. Report all concerns related to resident behaviours; even if no incident/injury occurs. Reports are to be made in writing.
4. Follow safe work procedures and act safely in the workplace at all times.
5. Actively participate in all training provided to you for your safety.
Education, Training and Experience
Diploma from a recognized recreation program plus two years’ recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Valid Class 4 Vehicle License (unrestricted)
First Aid / CPR Certification
Serving it Right
Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Ability to deal with others effectively
Ability to teach
Ability to organize work
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Ability to operate related equipment
Schedule: This position will require you to work from Wednesday to Saturday. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are the days off.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00 per hour
- Name: Mallory Yeager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry: 31/12/2021