Location: Nanaimo Seniors Village
Position: Part Time Temporary
Salary Range: CA$23.2700 to 25.4500 Hourly
This position is covered under the Single Site Order. Please note the wage is currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order. The displayed wage is therefore reflective of such initiative.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Recreation Manager, assists in planning, implementing and evaluating activity programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural needs and interests of the residents.
Include but not limited to:
1. Carries out established recreation programs including, but not limited to, outings, exercises, crafts, social events, entertainment, games, etc.
2. Assists residents to and from programs as required.
3. Assists, encourages, and motivates residents to participate in social, spiritual, physical, mental and cultural recreational activities.
4. Provides personal care during recreational activities as required.
5. Observes and reports any changes in residents to the Supervising Nurse/Director of Care.
6. Documents as per policy and procedures.
7. Ensures residents’ rights are maintained.
8. Ensures recreational equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean, and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to manager.
9. Actively participates in Q.I. program, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required. Assists in the maintenance of statistical records.
10. Assists with orientation of new residents.
11. Provides guidance, assistance and support to volunteers. Assists in the evaluation of volunteers.
12. Performs other related duties to ensure quality holistic resident service.
1. Graduate from a recognized Activity/Recreation Certificate program, with experience in a senior’s focused recreation department an asset.
2. Basic First Aid Certificate (Current).
3. Food Safe Course or equivalent.
4. Current Class 4 BC Drivers License.
5. All successful applicants must pass the vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check applicable to Provincial guidelines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
2. Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
3. Must be in good health and free of pet or detergent/cleaning agent allergies.
- Name: Retirement Concepts Recruitment
- Email: email@example.com
- Expiry: 31/12/2021